Research for public and private clients supports national security; ground EW/Communications systems; emergency response; soft ware defined radio development; integration of health care systems and health analytics; smart city and Internet of Things development; interoperability, trustmarks, and security of interconnected systems; soft ware modernization and integration; education and learning; technology strategy, planning, and geospatial decision support for C2; development of public policy; and commercial product realization. Three strategic themes are found in ICL’s research:
The Future of Communications
- Mobile/network convergence; interoperability; communications intelligence; communications/network vulnerability and protection; test beds.
- Spectrum operations and adaptive control; integrated sensor networks; Machine-to-Machine (M2M)/Internet of Things (IoT); efficient communications; secure networks.
The Future of Information
- Information exchange standards, architectures and governance; open source tools; identity and privilege management; useable security; information dominance.
- Knowledge management strategies; massive data sets; predictive analysis; intelligent decision making.
Creating the Right Experience
- Visualization; immersive environments; social media; augmented reality; collaboration; geospatial systems.
- Computational linguistics; personalization; complex and human systems modeling and simulation; policy analysis; technology strategy.